Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
This episode we’re reading War of Secrets by Phil Kelly. You can purchase on Amazon, or Black Library. Sorry audio fans, this one isn’t available via audio.
From the back of the book:
Lieutenant Xedro Farren is a Primaris Marine, stronger and more adept than even the Space Marines his brotherhood is sent to fight alongside. As the Dark Angels and the Primaris Marines fight a trauma-scarred force of T’au hellbent on destroying their former allies, the true quarry becomes clear – the shadowy instigator of a psychic curse that could plunge a string of Imperial planets into madness. As worlds burn in the fires of battle, an unthinkable pact is struck, with the Primaris Marines peeling back layer after layer of deceit to find the appalling truth. Can Farren hope to emerge from this web of lies without losing his honour – or come to that, his life?
Questions to ponder during and after reading War of Secrets:
- Did you like the book?
- Which parts really stood out to you?
- These Primaris Marines are very different than those we’ve seen previously. What do you make of their devout loyalty to Mars?
- The Dark Angels are not a welcoming bunch. What do you make of the Primaris vs. OG marine struggle in this book?
- The T’au now have warp capabilities. What consequence does their time in the warp have, long-term? What do you make of their “savior?”
- What is Farren’s game here? Where do his loyalties ultimately lay?
- How did you feel about Deel’s arc and ultimate fate? Did you agree with Farren’s judgment?
- Where do the Dark Angels go from here? The Angels Absolution, Farren, the T’au… how well doe the Angels’ secrets keep?
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with Black Library or Games Workshop. A portion of sales from Amazon go to supporting our site and podcast.