Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
For this episode, we’re diving into the Wayback Machine once more to read Salamander by Nick Kyme. You can purchase it at Amazon or Black Library, but not Audible. Sorry our beloved audiobook fans! This is the first entry in the Tome of Fire Series by Nick Kyme.
From the back of the book:
Hailing from the volcanic world of Nocturne, Space Marines from the Salamanders Chapter are in search of an ancient artefact that leads to a world overrun by Chaos. They are the fire-born: implacable warriors with iron hard determination. But all is not what it seems as far more dangerous foe is revealed. As bitter rivalries break out amongst the Salamanders their endurance will be tested to the limit. Will the Salamanders survive long enough to discover the truth about this world and the revelations that will shake the very foundations of this Chapter forever?
Questions to ponder after reading Salamander:
- Did you like the book?
- Which parts stood out to you?
- This is the first book with the Salamanders we’ve read. Do you like Kyme’s take on them?
- What did you make of the inner-squad dynamics? Was it compelling?
- Speaking of compelling, the idea that Vulkan lives and may be out there permeates the Salamanders. Do you like that?
- Was this an “appropriate” use of the Salamanders?
- This is one of Kyme’s earlier works. How has he evolved as an author?
- Are you excited for the next one?