Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
From the back of the book:
When the flow of desperately needed weapons for the Astra Militarum slows to nothing from a newly founded forge world, there’s only one man able and (un)willing to investigate… Ciaphas Cain, Hero of the Imperium.
With Cain’s desperately sought-after retirement on the line, the Imperium’s most reluctant commissar must navigate insidious assassination attempts against his person, legions of mutinous skitarii, heresy within the upper echelons of the Adeptus Mechanicus itself… and a hidden foe, pulling the strings, with an agenda that could threaten the future of Imperial rule in the Damocles Gulf.
Questions to ponder after reading Vainglorious:
- Did you like the book?
- Which parts stood out to you?
- Ciaphas Cain is back! … kind of. Why add a new Cain story to the timeline?
- Did you like the Reclaimers in this book? Did they serve the narrative?
- Is the Adeptus Mechanicus truly its own worst enemy?
- Was Aznibal an effective “villain?”
- We both listened to the audio version. How much does it ROCK?