Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
For this episode, we’re reading Cadian Blood by Aaron Dembski-Bowden. You can purchase it at Amazon, Black Library. and Audible .
From the back of the book:
When the Imperial shrine world of Kathur is blighted by Chaos, the brave Guardsmen of Cadia are sent to reclaim it. The plague of Nurgle has set in deeply on the planet, forcing the Cadians into battle with an innumerable legion of the infected. In the midst of battle, Captain Parmenion Thade is thrust into an unlikely commanding role. Yet, he cannot imagine what lies ahead on Kathur, and just how important it will be to ensure victory there.
Questions to ponder after reading Cadian Blood:
- Did you like the book?
- Which parts stood out to you?
- Did you like Captain Thade? Was he a good commander?
- What did you make of these Cadians? How do they compare to others we’ve read?
- Were you surprised by the commissar’s plot thread? Is he a good commissar?
- Was Typhus a compelling villain in this?
- How has ADB grown as an author since this book was published?