Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
For this episode, we’re reading Renegades: Harrowmaster by Mike Brooks. You can purchase it at Amazon, or Black Library. Sorry audio fans, this one isn’t available via Audible for reasons unbeknownst to us, but clearly knownst to Black Library.
From the back of the book:
The Alpha Legion are devious beyond measure, but deceit is a double-edged sword. As the Indomitus Crusade pushes into the far reaches of the Ultima Segmentum, and Solomon Akurra and his warband the Serpent’s Teeth encounter the feared Primaris Marines, the Alpha Legion is faced with a choice – fade into the shadows, or adapt and strike back.
Solomon intends to take the title of Harrowmaster and bind together the feuding heads of the hydra that make up his Legion, but his allies are disparate and unproven, and his enemies march with the might of the Imperium at their back. Much is not as it seems, and the odds are stacked against the sons of Alpharius… but Solomon is armed with a weapon the Imperium cannot ignore: the truth.
Questions to ponder after reading Renegades: Harrowmaster:
- Did you like the book?
- What parts stood out to you?
- What did you think of Solomon as both a leader and a protagonist? Were you invested in his rise to power?
- Mike Brooks has a LOT to say about the Alpha Legion. What were some observations/interactions that struck you?
- Are Inquisitors Hart and Karnis good Inquisitors? Did they add to the overall plot?
- Were you surprised by Korr’s reveal?
- Does the artefact matter in the grand scheme of things? Does this change anything?
- What comes next?