Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
For this episode, we’ve got a new book! And it’s in the Warhammer Crime series, but this time it’s from the point of view of two abhuman criminals, The Wraithbone Phoenix by Alec Worley. You can purchase it at Amazon, Black Library, or Audible.
From the back of the book:
Baggit is the fast-talking ratling with an eye for the big score. Clodde is the ogryn with a heart of gold and a head full of dreams. These abhuman deserters turned criminals operating in the city of Varangantua have crossed the wrong man for the last time, and now they’re on the run…
At least, that is, until Baggit learns of a score that could pay their debts and save their skins – the Wraithbone Phoenix, a fabled treasure rumoured to be hidden aboard a voidship recently scheduled for decommission. But Baggit and Clodde aren’t the only ones with eyes on the prize. When word gets out, every thief in the Dredge is going to be gunning for the Phoenix. Does Baggit have the cunning to find the treasure and get out alive, or will someone finally cash in the bounty on his head?
Questions to ponder after reading The Wraithbone Phoenix:
- Did you like the book?
- What parts stood out to you?
- Did the overall theme of the book surprise you given the “zany” nature?
- We were presented with a motley crew of characters and ne’er do-wells. Who were your favorites?
- What do you think of Baggit and Clodde as partners? As people?
- What did you think of Herbo’s revenge? Was it too much, as Baggit said?
- Were you satisfied with the ending?
- Where do Baggit, Clodde, and Roz go from here? Do you want more from them?