Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
From the back of the book:
Huron Blackheart is the lord of the Red Corsairs, master of the lawless Maelstrom and its piratical denizens – but oathbreakers and renegades can seldom rely on the loyalty of their followers. With the galaxy thrown into turmoil by the return of Roboute Guilliman, the former Tyrant of Badab faces a renewed Imperium and fresh challengers emerging within his own ranks.
Huron must call on every trick he knows to stay in control – and alive. Yet even a warrior as ferocious and opportunistic as the Blood Reaver must be wary, for although there are many bargains he can strike, all power comes at a price…
Questions to ponder after reading Huron Blackheart: Master of the Maelstrom:
- Did you like the book?
- What did you think of Huron as a villain? Was he likeable?
- How did he compare to his gang of followers? Did you like any of them?
- Was Verngar a good foil to Huron?
- What did you think of Dallax? Were you surprised by her arc?
- Huron had some interesting observations about life, the universe, and everything. Which were your favorites?
- Does this add to the current state of WH40k? Are you intrigued by Huron’s next steps?