Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
For this episode, we’re reading Volpone Glory by Nick Kyme. You can purchase it at Amazon, Black Library, or Audible.
From the back of the book:
As war rages across the Sabbat Worlds, the Volpone Bluebloods are sent to Gnostes at the head of a massive Imperial host. Tasked with the liberation of the Agria island chain from the entrenched Blood Pact, the haughty soldiers of the Volpone find their mettle sorely tested in a brutal meat grinder. After a punishing setback threatens to derail the campaign, an unlikely champion rises through the ranks and victory once again seems possible. But the propaganda of war is a fickle beast, and the Archenemy are cultivating a plot the Imperium can scarcely fathom. Through glory and honour, the Volpone are desperate to prevail, but can they endure the rigours of the bloodiest campaign in their vaunted history and come out the other side intact?
Questions to ponder after reading Volpone Glory:
- Did you like the book?
- What parts stood out?
- What do you think of the Volpone? Do you like them as a regiment?
- Who was your favorite focal character? Were the main characters “good” people?
- What’s your take on Fenk and the Grey Host? Is he a “bad” person?
- Let’s talk about Darian’s arc. Did you like him? Was he compelling?
- Did you understand Grussman’s and Rensaint’s motivations? What is their end game?
- Knowing that the Sabbat Crusade is over, did you find this battle compelling? Are you interested in the crusade?