Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
From the back of the book:
Járnhamar Pack are forced to flee from the judgement of their own Chapter aboard a stolen voidship, amid an Imperium descending into total war. Still pursuing vengeances for old wrongs, these Space Wolves hunt the ruins of worlds in search of an enemy who remains stubbornly hidden. Yet as the perilous journey unfolds, the Pack learn their nemesis is not the only threat to their survival. They must also contend with the uncertain path chartered by one of their own, whose strange and unsanctioned powers continue to grow.
Their ultimate goal of a return to Fenris – with their honour restored and oaths re-sworn – becomes steadily more elusive. As the Imperium’s borders crumble and the long-prophecised onslaught of the Archenemy begins, Járnhamar Pack must race to uncover the truth of an ancient betrayal and halt its horror from coming to pass. Lest everything they have ever fought for be destroyed in the coming storm.
Questions to ponder after reading The Helwinter Gate:
- Did you like the book?
- What parts stood out?
- How did this book compare to the other, earlier books?
- What did you make of Baldr’s transition? What has he become? Where will he go?
- What did you make of the Fulcrum reveal? Was it satisfying? Will we ever see the Ecclesiarchy in this hunt again?
- This provided another view of the last days of Cadia. Did you like it? Did the Wolves being there make sense?
- What becomes of Járnhamar now? Where do they go?