Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
From the back of the book:
Quillon Drask is a haunted man, wrestling with the daemons of his past. With a reputation that draws only the strangest cases, he is intimately familiar with the malevolent underbelly of Varangantua. Yet nothing that has gone before could have prepared the probator for the horrors which now blight the district of Polaris.
Faced with a savage crime with frightening implications, Drask is thrust into a game of corruption and conspiracy, warring families, and blasphemous revelations. Only by mastering the bitter lessons of his career and his own tortured insight can Drask hope to bring the perpetrators to justice, and curb the monstrous hunger which stalks the city.
Questions to ponder after reading Grim Repast:
- Did you like the book?
- What parts stood out?
- What do you think of Drask as a detective? What do you make of his “gift?”
- What do you make of Oliar and Visarth? Are they a good support network?
- What’s your take on the Drask and Alexius situation?
- Were you surprised by the big reveal?
- What is Vranx’s motivation? What do you think Drask will do now that he knows?
- As with most crime novels, Varangantua itself is a character in this book. Do you feel you know the city better?