Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
For this episode we’re diving into the second book in Chris Wraight’s Space Wolves series, Stormcaller. You can purchase it on Amazon or Black Library. Sorry, audio fans, this one is not available in audio format.
From the back of the book:
The feral warrior-kings of Fenris, the Space Wolves are the sons of Leman Russ. Savage heroes, few can match their ferocity in battle. As events on the plague-wracked world of Ras Shakeh spin out of control, the Imperium descends upon the world in force. Njal Stormcaller, Space Wolves Rune Priest, arrives to reinforce the embattled Jarnhamar pack, and finds his battle-brothers at one another’s throats, each pursuing their own agendas. Meanwhile, the forces of the Ecclesiarchy arrive to retake their world and uncover the sinister secret behind Ras Shakeh’s corruption, a secret that threatens the survival of the Imperium itself…
Questions to ponder after reading Stormcaller:
- Did you like the book?
- What parts stood out?
- What did you make of the Cardinal? What is his and Klaive’s relationship dynamic, do you think?
- What was Klaive looking for on the planet? Is it related to what Bajola was looking for/hiding?
- What do you make of Njal?
- The Mycelite has quite a bit of information to impart. What was your favorite opinion? Is the Traveller still coming?
- Do you like Ingvar more or less as a protagonist? What about the members of Jarnhamer?
- Where does Baldr go from here? Is his “awakening” a good thing, or a bad thing? Can bringing Hjortur’s killers to justice undo Jarhamer’s treachery?