Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
For this episode we’re celebrating a beloved classic, Storm of Iron by Graham McNeill. You can purchase via Black Library, or Amazon. Or you can camp the Games Workshop site on 07/17 to snag the limited edition!
From the back of the book:
On the nightmare battlefields of the Warhammer 40,000 universe, few foes spark more fear and dread than the Chaos Space Marines. Nurturing a hatred that is millennia-old, they attack without mercy, spreading terror and destruction in their wake. Now hell has come to Hydra Cordatus, for a massive force of terrifying Iron Warriors, brutal assault troops of Chaos, have invaded the planet and lain siege to its mighty imperial citadel. But what prize could possibly be worth so much savage bloodshed and destruction and how long can the defenders possibly hold out?
Questions to ponder after reading Storm of Iron:
- Did you like the book?
- What parts stood out?
- The bad guys win! Did you like the Iron Warriors as a legion? How do they compare to the Lords of Silence?
- How do you feel about Honsou as a protagonist? Do you understand him better? Do you like him as a villain?
- Were you invested in Hawke’s redemption arc? Was he a worthy fellow to Leonid and Eshara?
- This book highlights the division between the Adeptus Mechanicus and Imperial Guard. Did you like any of the AdMech characters? Do you understand their subterfuge?
- What becomes of Larana? Were you surprised by her arc? Did you feel bad for Kroeger?
- We already knows what happens next in Honsou’s story. Did this add anything to the third Ultramarines book?