Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
From the back of the book:
The planet of Theotokos is dying. Drought has wiped out all but the capital city of Magerit. Worse, an outbreak of a terrible plague, known as the Grey Tears, ravages its populace. Only the charismatic Arch-Deacon Ambrose stands in the way of desperation and anarchy. But as the plague rampages through the streets, murdering its victims with unnatural symptoms, Ambrose struggles to confront the appalling measures he must take to save his people.
Questions to ponder after reading The Deacon of Wounds:
- Did you like the book?
- Which scenes stood out?
- This is a classic example of body horror. Does it work? Do you like it?
- What would have happened had Lorenz maintained control of the planet?
- What does Ambrose’s journey say about the pitfalls of righteousness?
- Do you think Moreno and Lorenz’s cronies knew what was going on?
- What happens next? What happens with Bethia and Ambrose?