Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
This episode we’re reading Requiem Infernal by Peter Fehervari. You can purchase on Amazon, or Black Library. Sorry audio fans, there is not an official audio version of this book, however there are several fan readings that can be found online.
From the back of the book:
The Adepta Sororitas of the Last Candle have stood vigil over their sanctuary world for centuries, striving to decipher their founder’s tormented visions. Outsiders are unwelcome… yet still they come.
Decimated by an encounter with a lethal xenos entity, the survivors of an elite Astra Militarum company have journeyed to the Candleworld in search of healing, escorted by a woman who is no stranger there – Sister Hospitaller Asenath Hyades, who turned her back on the order decades ago.
As the seekers near the sect’s bastion, malign forces begin to stir among the planet’s storm-wracked spires, but the most insidious shadows lie in their own souls.
Questions to ponder after reading Requiem Infernal:
- Did you like the book?
- Which parts, if any, did you enjoy?
- What did you make of Jonah’s story? Were you surprised? What was your interpretation of his ending?
- Asenath and Sister Mercy’s stories unfold throughout the book. What do you make of their relationship? Who is Sister Mercy?
- The Candleworld has a storied history. Were you surprised by the denizens and reveals? What was their purpose?
- What was the point of the Breachers’ storyline? Did it make sense? Was it compelling?
- Is Athanazius’s story important, do you think?
- What do you make of the ending? What lingering questions did you have?