Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
This episode we’re reading Brutal Kunnin by Mike Brooks. You can purchase on Amazon, Black Library, or Audible.
From the back of the book:
Ufthak Blackhawk and the green tide descend upon Hephaesto – an Adeptus Mechanicus forge world bristling with loot – only to find it already under siege by the notorious Freebooter Kaptin Badrukk. When his warboss, Da Biggest Big Mek, orders temporary co-operation, Ufthak seeks to make a name for himself by crushing some of the Imperium’s most advanced defenders and claiming the greatest prize. But with a sinister new war machine on the horizon, Badrukk’s plotting, and a thoroughly annoying grot in his way, Ufthak is going to need the brutal kunnin’ of Mork himself just to survive.
Questions to pondah after reading Brutal Kunnin:
- Was this book what the painboy ordered?
- Which parts stood out to you?
- What was your favorite triumph from Ufthak?
- How well did the different POV chapters work together?
- What was your take on Yavannos and Illutar? Did you agree with Zaefa’s assessment?
- Do you feel you better understand the orks? Do they make for compelling protagonists?
- We were presented with two big mysteries: The box and the artifact. Why do you think Daelin wanted either? What are they?
- Where do the characters go from here?
- Do you want more Ufthak or Zaefa?