Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
This episode we are fortunate enough to be reading Ephrael Stern: The Heretic Saint by David Annandale, and the original comic series, Daemonifuge. You can purchase on Amazon, Black Library, or Audible. Additionally, the 20th Anniversary edition of Daemonifuge is available via Amazon!
From the back of the book:
Throughout the tortured galaxy, Ephrael Stern is known by many names. The Thrice-born. The Daemonifuge. The Heretic Saint. Trapped deep within Imperium Nihilus following the coming of the Great Rift, the maligned Sister of Battle fears the Imperium is no more. The God-Emperor’s light, which has guided her through centuries of strife, has too extinguished. Seemingly forsaken, Stern is bereft until a mysterious stranger arrives, offering her a new destiny. One that might yet see the Imperium saved. Stern must prove herself worthy of the God-Emperor’s grace once more, lest a new threat greater than any mankind has faced before plunge humanity into a nightmare abyss of nothingness.
Questions to ponder after reading Ephrael Stern: The Heretic Saint:
- Did you like the book and/or the comic?
- Did the comic age particularly well?
- How does comic Stern compare to book Stern?
- Why do you think Stern was important to bring into the modern 40k era?
- What was Dagover’s end game, do you think? Was he ultimately important?
- What game are the aeldari playing with Stern?
- Wild speculation time! What do you think Stern is?
- What do you make of the epilogue?
- Do you think Stern and Ahriman ever meet again?