Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
From the back of the book:
Darkness approaches Dominicus Prime, a literal Season of Night that brings with it portents, madness and strange happenings. Standing alone as a beacon against the darkness is the Monastery of the Last Candle, a temple to the holy light of the Emperor. As the bishops and the cardinals vie for power and influence, a crisis looms among the Pilgrim Drift who are starving in their droves. Discord is rife and there are whispers of a rising cult, one committed to blood and horror. Into this political powder keg comes Inquisitor Covenant and his followers. Drawn to the shrineworld by the prescience of the Emperor’s Tarot, they come seeking the agents of the Triumverate, a sect of Horusians bent on power themselves. It is the belief of Covenant that these radicals seek an incarnation, nothing less than a divine vessel, a living saint. To what end, he can only surmise, but Covenant knows it cannot bode well. He must deny the Horusians at any cost. The fate of the very sector may be determined by it.
Questions to ponder for The Horusian Wars: Incarnation:
- Did you like the book?
- Which parts stood out to you?
- A lot of focus was given to Josef, Viola, and Cleander’s various maladies and quirks. What importance do they have to the story?
- The Wanderer is a key figure in this book, but were his machinations compelling? Did you have a clear sense of who or what was he looking for?
- The Prophet of Hate, and the Red Pilgrims are a constant threat, but are they ultimately important to the narrative?
- Enna Gyrid’s past is laid bare by Mylassa. What does this mean for her and those around her? Where does she go from here?
- Were you surprised by the High Priest’s reveal? What does this mean for Covenant?
- Where in the Throne’s name do they go from here? What are the implications of the events on-planet? What will those onboard the Dionysia do next?