Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
This episode we’re reading Lukas the Trickster by Josh Reynolds. You can purchase on Amazon, Black Library or Audible.
From the back of the book:
Among the Space Wolves there are as many sagas as there are warriors. Though none quite like that of Lukas the Trickster. Renowned and reviled in equal measure, the Jackalwolf has ever stood apart from his brothers, passed from pack to pack by embittered Wolf Lords. But as a new enemy invades the icy reaches of Fenris at the height of the Helwinter, Lukas finds himself facing a foe who may rival even his legendary cunning – the drukhari corsair, Duke Sliscus. In the battle between wolf and serpent, who will emerge triumphant, and who will lay on red snow?
Questions to ponder during and after reading Lukas the Trickster:
- Did you like the book?
- Which parts stood out to you?
- What did you think of Lukas’s characterization in this book? What surprised you?
- A lot is said of why the Space Wolves suffer Lukas. What does this say about them as a chapter? Do you agree with their wisdom?
- Sliscus is a perfect foil to Lukas. How are they alike? What is the difference between them?
- How did you feel about the dark eldar in general? Were you surprised by anything?
- SPECULATION TIME! What is the Harlequins’ end game? What possible use could they have for Lukas’a heart in Sliscus’s possession?
- Hypothetically, where does Lukas go from here? Are you sorry we won’t get to see more Sliscus?