Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
From the back of the book:
In the grim darkness of the 41st millennium, the Imperium is protected by Space Marines, superhuman warriors who battle tirelessly to protect humanity from aliens and the dark powers of Chaos. The White Scars are an old and noble Chapter, their apparent wildness and savagery hiding a cultured and spiritual nature. When one of their recruiting worlds comes under threat from a splinter fleet of Hive Fleet Leviathan, Joghaten Khan leads the 4th Company to protect the planet from the rampaging tyranids. But all is not as clear as it seems. Though the White Scars find their efforts hampered by mysterious enemies, they also receive an offer of aid from a most unexpected quarter. Without help, their mission looks next to impossible, but are their newfound allies to be trusted?
Questions to ponder after reading The Last Hunt
- Did you like the book?
- Which parts stood out to you?
- How do you feel about the White Scars, as a chapter? Do you better understand them?
- More tyranids! Did you like the Tyranids as an antagonist in this book?
- Did you like Yenneth as a character? How do you feel about her deal?
- Does the bargain between Yenneth and the White Scars feel good? Did you like it?
- Where does the fourth company go from here?