Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
From the back of the book:
The Grey Knights are all that stands between mankind and the ravages of Chaos. Since their secretive beginnings during the Horus Heresy, these legendary Space Marine daemon hunters have journeyed into the dark realms of the warp – and beyond – in pursuit of their supernatural enemies. Through an intensive regime of psychic training, new recruits are brought to the clandestine fortress of Titan to join the hallowed and vaunted ranks of the 666th Chapter. More than ever, these legendary battle-brothers must be vigilant and ever ready to defend the Imperium for the forces of Chaos are never truly defeated, and Armageddon beckons.’
Questions to ponder after reading The Emperor’s Gift
- Did you like the book?
- Which parts stood out to you?
- Did you like Hyperion as a protagonist? Did his identity surprise you? Was it important?
- How did you feel about Annika as both a person and an Inquisitor? Did her actions surprise you? Where does she go from here?
- What stood out most about the Grey Knights? Do you better understand them as a chapter?
- What was your favorite part of the war for Armageddon? Did you want to see more? Less?
- The Wolves are not a chapter known for their measured reactions. Do you better understand them as a chapter? Were they in the “right?”
- How did you feel about Kysnaros as a foil? Did you understand his motivations and actions?