Every two weeks we read a new book in the WH40k universe and discuss it on our podcast. We invite you to read along with us and join in on our conversation via comments, Twitter, email, or vox cast.
This episode we’re reading The Lords of Silence by Chris Wraight. You can purchase on Amazon, Black Library, or Audible.
From the back of the book:
The Cadian Gate is broken, and the Imperium is riven in two. The might of the Traitor Legions, kept shackled for millennia behind walls of iron and sorcery, has been unleashed on a darkening galaxy. Among those seeking vengeance on the Corpse Emperor’s faltering realm are the Death Guard, once proud crusaders of the Legiones Astartes, now debased creatures of terror and contagion. Mighty warbands carve bloody paths through the void, answering their lord primarch’s call to war. And yet for all their dread might in arms, there is no escape from the vicious legacies of the past, ones that will pursue them from the ruined daemon-worlds of the Eye of Terror and out into the smouldering wastes of the Imperium Nihilus.
Questions to ponder during and after reading The Lords of Silence:
- Did you like the book?
- What parts stood out to you?
- The Death Guard is an legion apart in the traitor legions. Do you better understand them? What surprised you most about them?
- Vorx was a surprising character from start to finish. Did you like him as a leader? Where does he go from here?
- Do Dragan’s experience with and descriptions of the Death Guard surprise you? What does his future hold?
- In Dark Imperium we were curious about Mortarion marching on Ultramar. Do you feel you understand it more? Is it a good decision?
- The narrative structure of the book is unique. It is told in present tense, and bounces around time. Does this help the story or hinder it?
- Once the traitor is revealed, were you surprised? Who did you assume was behind the warp drive failure?
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with Black Library or Games Workshop. A portion of sales from Amazon go to supporting our site and podcast.